Virus Updates

This page will be updated as new information is available.

Update April 6, 2020

The LWMS Board of Directors met April 2 and 3 via computer. While it was great to see everyone virtually, it would have been so much better to be able to meet face to face. The convention in Athens in June was one of the top items of discussion. We are in the process of examining all options and continue to pray that we will be able to meet in Athens in June. The board decided that a final decision on the convention will be made by May 15, 2020 at the latest. The confirmation letters scheduled to go out to attendees on May 1 will be held until the 15th.

The April mailing regarding the proposed amendments to the bylaws will not be able to be sent via bulk mail as the usual practice. The mailing will be posted on the LWMS website and a link will be e-mailed to congregational reporters. If you are a reporter that has unsbuscribed from the LWMS e-mails through Constant Contact, you may want to resubscribe at this time to receive all the mailings in a timely manner. To resubscribe, click on the "Sign Up for E-mails" link at the bottom of the LWMS website home page and provide the request information.

May our Lord continue to bless our missionaries, our country, the world and you as we join together in praising Him during this Holy Week!


Update March 23, 2020

We are expecting that the Wisconsin Governor is going to issue an order tomorrow directing people to stay home. Some of the Central Office staff is already working from home, but it is likely that the physical office will be closed beginning tonorrow. We will try of answer any questions via email and will be able to access the phone voice mail message. We will not be able to fill any orders at this time, but will mail out any requests once we've been cleared to open again.


Coronavirus Update - March 12, 2020

We understand the coronavirus is a concern around the nation and the world. At this point, however, no one knows the course it will take, and especially if warm weather will suspend it (as it does with the flu virus.) We will be watching the situation closely in the coming weeks. 

At this time we have no plans to cancel the convention. LWMS would still be under their contracted obligations with the Classic Center and the hotels. If closer to the date the government warnings for travel and gatherings are still in place, then we will try to cancel and would have a better chance at mitigating penalties. 

Please continue to make plans to attend! If you are flying, wait until May to book a ticket. We think by that time the coronavirus will either be gone or contained. Guest rooms can be canceled in June without penalty. The cancellation date for convention registration refunds is June 15.

In any event, we will alert you in early May to the convention status.