LWMS is seeking a Central Office Assistant - Mission Specialist.
The central office assistant receives direction from the international board, through the designated officer, and the central office administrator and is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day functions of the office. The assistant serves as a connecting link between the board, the circuits, and the general membership using good communication skills, both verbal and written. The assistant maintains a high level of responsibility for seeing that job duties are conducted in a professional, helpful, friendly, and positive attitude.
- A WELS communicant member in good standing.
- Possesses an understanding of the LWMS organization.
- Possesses an understanding of WELS home and world missions.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills for database entry and word processing.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Business English.
- Good proofreading skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Pleasant, positive attitude.
- Proofing and editing mailings, articles, web messages, and publicity.
- Update handbooks annually.
- Help with preparation of all regular and special mailings.
- Assist Spiritual Growth Committee with annual Prayer Calendar preparation.
- Work with the Befriend A Mission Coordinator to administer the Befriend A Mission program.
- Communicate to the president and administrator any concerns or for direction.
- Attend international board meetings and participate in Spiritual Growth-Mission Awareness Committee meetings.
- Attend the annual convention and staff the central office booth at the convention.
- Cross train with other office staff as needed.
- Handle all other requests by the board.
Hours: To be determined. However, no more than an average of 30 hours per week.
Wages: Beginning wages based on experience, with increases commensurate with experience by board action.